BetaReader.io supports importing a whole book at once, greatly simplifying the process of getting started with your beta. This article describes how to do it from a few popular text editors.
- Export a docx file from your favorite text editor (see how below).
- Make sure that it weighs less than 5MB, contains no images, and uses the “Header 1” style only for chapter titles.
- Now your .docx file is ready for import!
How to export your book to the correct format
From Microsoft Word
- Make sure that only your chapter titles use the Heading 1 style. Check out our free docx template for inspiration.
- Then save your document as docx and upload it to BetaReader.
Selecting Header 1 style in Ms Word.
From Google Docs
- Make sure that only your chapter titles use the Heading 1 style. Check out our free Google Docs template for inspiration.
- Select File > Download as > Microsoft Word (.docx)
- Upload your downloaded file to BetaReader.
From Scrivener 3
- Download our free Scrivener Format template
- In your Scrivener document, select File > Export > Files…
- In the Export dialog window, click the cogwheel in the bottom left and select Import Formats…
- Select the BetaReader Novel Format. Add it to My Formats or Project Formats, whichever you prefer.
- Select the newly imported BetaReader Novel Format and click Compile.
- Upload your compiled file to BetaReader.